A couple of What ifs:
- a) What if some dynamic young leaders of different political parties decided to come together and start fresh and make a new party (the way kadima was formed in Israel).
- b) What if they then, brought all the young social entrepreneurs and economic advisors into their core political team and make “a million man job creation” their primary election agenda
- c) What if they turned to the Non resident Nepalis for funding their organization through their website and transparently post their party spendings.
- d) What if this youth party decided on “green” and “economic development” as vehicles for change!
- e) What if the new “youth” party pitched in to form a dream team of national planning commission to put a successful entrepreneur, a young social entrepreneur, a globalization expert and an environmental social entrepreneur.
- f) What if this party restricts its leadership’s age limit to 50 years and below.
- g) What if it advocated chinese, english, hindi, entrepreneurship, mathematics and “effective communication skills” as a pre-requisite subjects for all schoolers upto high school.
- What if….. (add
Continue reading what if, a million job creation was the election mantra of a new common sense party in Nepal
No taxation without the new constitution in nepal
In the 9 years, I have been back and experimenting and failing through a number of start ups, I have realized that without the environment changing, we entrepreneurs have little to celebrate in Nepal now because we face roadblocks of immense scale, where we are not being allowed to work consistently. Us, job creators are slowly getting squeezed to shut shop or lower our morals or run away. This situation is turning Kathmandu into an old people’s home and Nepal as a beggar nation.
Thus I am with this new rallying shout of Nepali entrepreneurs which is “No taxation without the new constitution in nepal“.
I am a Nepali first and I want Nepal going on the right direction. And I protest.
Are you looking forward to this 3-day bandh, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday? (Total shutdown of Nepal)
What say to the sorry fact that a few big egos with no-one’s interests at heart but their own, will oppress you for three long days with the threat of some cheap several-hundred-rupee-per-day-hired-goons. Who benefits from this? Can bullying create lasting change? After 15+ years of bandhs, does it have the power of ‘shock and awe’ any more? This stinks. This is terrorism on the street corner and the masses lie down and swallow it as a part of life in :New Nepal. But wait a minute…. Are you thinking….
- Its not my job to stop it ?
- I am helpless to face up to it myself, what can I do?
- So what, its just a few days, I can wait it out?
- I am lazy, I
Continue reading This 3 day Nepal bandh (total shutdown of country). This is blackmail.