Taking cue from archbishop Desmond Tutu of South Africa, who said on the lines of “You cannot improve what is inherently evil.”
Let us add:
- You can’t improve politicians who lose elections yet win power.
- You can’t improve a political system that thrives on status quo and fear over you.
- You can’t improve groups that fight on the lines of caste and color of their skins or through hate and fear.
- You can’t improve negative or violent cultures. You can only replace them.
- You can’t improve old resigned minds.
- You can’t improve others without first improving yourself.
- You can improve yourself. Lead the way!
- You can improve the way we hold our systems accountable! Demand! Act! Lead!
- You can improve people’s common sense to elect better leaders! Provoke them!
- You can improve the way traffic is run or change the environment by taking an active stand!
- You can create a positive culture around you. Take an initiative !
- You can improve youthful minds. Shape them, mentor them and unleash them!