Here are 12 hopes and wishes for you and near-dear ones, this coming year! (नेपालीमा यहाँ पढ्नुहोला)
This coming year, I wish you will…
1) … Steal more. Steal more time for yourself to reflect, pause and to try to understand why you are here, what makes you happy.
2) … Break some rules. Break the norms set by others, the society, the critics or the lizard brain who tell you what you should do and should not. Just follow your inner conscience. May this be your moral compass.
3) … Pick a few fights. Fight against “small” injustices that you see around everyday. For example, how about fighting to enforce that nagging traffic rule violations or that trash throwing on the street culture (in your town).
4) … Be garlanded with shoes or hit with rotten tomatoes. Dare to do something disruptive, that scares the people who cling to things as they are or to dogma. Let them humiliate you, scare you, threaten you. Stand steadfast against their desperate measures. Know that when they seek to humiliate you like this, you are dead close to winning.
5) … Contemplate your death daily. Accepting every day that you are eventually going to die, helps you realize your true priorities in life. What work would you prioritize, if you only had a month more? What would you say now, if this was your last lecture in the world?
6) … Sell your house, your couch, your TV and go travel ! Our attachments to material belongings have handicapped us. Sell them and build the guts to go round the world with some one you care about. Take a year off. I hear PhD’s on life are often learned on such journeys. After all isn’t that the only PhD worth caring about? Mastering life…
7) … Starve yourself. Build your willpower by resolving go on a hunger strike for a worthy cause or to simply to get back in shape. Your health is your true wealth. And your community’s health is very much your health.
8) … Spend all your savings. Really? Yep. Spend every bit of your savings on a new business or a venture you finally decided to start. Help create jobs. Show the rest of the industry a better way to solve problems. Invest your future on creating opportunities.
9) … Splash your dirty, raw thoughts on a public blog-diary. Reveal yourself! Let the world see your unique beauty, with all those magnificent imperfections. Make your own opinions, however contradictory they may seem. Those who mind don’t matter, Those who matter, don’t mind.
10) … Decide to leave a big dent on the world you live in. Isn’t your life worth leaving a footprint before you leave for ever? Ask yourself what sort of legacy are you leaving to your children? Transform this environment before it scars you and all our future.
11) … I hope in the coming year, you will die. Die that life you led so far, following on some one else’s path and be re-born with this passion to lead your life your own way.
12) … I hope now you will steal these thoughts and share them with your near and dear ones! Warm wishes to you!