I am now involved with ‘Bibeksheel Nepali’ or ‘Common Sense Nepali’ platform, a new political force we are building in Nepal . Here are our organizational VALUES which each member is expected to endorse, then rise above and beyond in implementing them in their daily lives.This is a draft. Do give in your opinion to make it better. So here it is:
Bibeksheel Nepali (Common Sense Nepali) Platform mantras:
(To drive the organizational culture and guide our thoughts and actions)
Our Mantra: Common Sense
- We are the Center of Excellence:
- We under-promise, and over-deliver.
- We are marathon runners, not 100 meter dashers.
- We hire the best. We train our members to become the best.
- We challenge the status quo.
- We carry out world class policies & best practises in context with Nepal
- We work with highest Integrity:
- We are transparent in our actions.
- We always do the right thing, no matter what damage it may cause to us in the short-term
- We are straight shooters and demand integrity in principle and practice.
- Well-being of citizens first, those who directly engage with citizens second, and management last.
- Our work will always unite, never divide.
- We are always responsible & accountable in our actions:
- Our actions will teach citizens to be responsible and leadership accountable.
- Each member is individually responsible for his/her actions.
- We will always move forward even if it means taking high risks
- We Listen & we Learn (always):
- We embrace good ideas from all sources.
- We embrace diversity in perspective, viewpoint, thinking and actions.
- We listen to people, even if they hold views diverging from our own.
- We value input (& push-back), but recognize the power of quick decisions over prolonged consensus-building.
- We are adaptive, flexible and respond to what we hear।
- We confront our mistakes sooner than later.
- We love our members!
- Everyone who works here is an owner.
- We help our members succeed in their entrepreneurial and social ventures.
- We will succeed together.
- Power eventually corrupts everyone. That is why we ensure change in leadership at regular intervals.
[Source: inspired from http://www.keepholdings.com/culture/]