How to create Successful relationships:
- Be willing to support our purpose, values, rules and goals
- Speak with good purpose. If it doesn’t serve, don’t say it. No making people wrong, justifying, or defending.
- If you disagree or do not understand, ask clarifying questions. Don’t make the other person wrong.
- Make only agreements you are willing and intend to keep.
- If you can’t keep an agreement, communicate as soon as practical to the appropriate person. Clear any broken agreement at the first appropriate opportunity.
- When something is not working, first look to the system for correction, and then propose a system based solution to the person who can do something about it.
- Be responsible. No blaming, no defending, no justifying, and no shaming.
The above points are quoted from the book: “The Success principles”. I highly recommend you buy this book for managing your life better.