come to think about it… for an software development firm like ours, this past 6 months been quite an experience.
- “survived a 16 hours a day without (grid) electricity, operating an IT firm “
- “made it through getting drinking water supplies from taps that open for 1 hour every 4 days” “
- “everything and everybody is at least 15% to 30% more expensive since 6 months ago”
- “taking 3 to 6 months to find/hire a single web developer”
- “having one of the most expensive internet service in the world and the most unreliable mobile services”
- ” going through almost every single day a political strikes, city shutdowns and road stoppages for the last 6 months” (see www.nepalbandh.com for proofs)
As an entrepreneur I say , this has been quite a bountiful experience for me and made me into “a guerilla crisis management expert” .
“If I survived this, I can now survive anything.”
I bet a lot of the entrepreneurs here in Nepal can now be classified as” a crisis management expert” ,
Maybe its time to market that skill set too in your resume, if you ever needed to.